Susan Elms P.T., M.C.P.A.
Graduated from the University of Toronto in Physical and Occupational Therapy.
Practiced for more than 45 years as a physiotherapist-in a hospital setting, a private clinic, as a home-visiting therapist and in a Community Health Centre.
In 2005, started specializing in the treatment of Incontinence and Pelvic Pain.
- 2005 I completed a post-graduate course on the physical therapy approach to Urinary Incontinence .
- 2007 I completed post-graduate courses on the physical therapy approach to Dyspareunia (pain with intercourse) and for Ano-Rectal Disorders.
- 2011 I completed courses on the Treatment of Pelvic Pain as well as the Treatment of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in Pregnancy, Pelvic Girdle Pain and Coccydynia.
- 2012 Attendance at the First Annual Pelvic Health Symposium
- 2012 I completed courses on The Puzzle of Pelvic Pain: Pudendal Neuralgia or Central Sensitization
- 2014 Attendance at the Second Annual Pelvic Health Symposium : Taking a Biopsychosocial Approach to the TREATMENT OF Abdomino-Pelvic Pain
- 2014 I completed an Acupuncture and Dry Needling for Pelvic Pain course
I continue to stay current with the latest research in evidence-based treatment for the above-mentioned fields and attend courses related to them as well.
I am a member in good standing of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario ( the regulatory body for physiotherapists), the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and the Ontario Physiotherapy Association (my professional associations).
Proud Member of the Canadian Continence Foundation